Return of the Bake Off!

02:08

 It's here. My favourite food time of year. Ok, maybe second favourite after Christmas. The time of year that gives me all sorts of sweet and savoury late night cravings and urges to bake at ridiculous times at night! 


To those of you that live on Mars and may not know what I'm talking about, The Great British Bake Off is a British baking competition shown on BBC 1, judged by the baking queen, Mary Berry, and the blue eyed heart throb, Paul Hollywood. This year will be its sixth series to date, showing twelve contestants baking it out to prove themselves and win the crown of Bake Off queen or king.

Since it began in 2010, Britain has seen a huge growth in popularity in the baking world. It'll be interesting to see how this years contestants put the boat out to be different from the rest.

In favour of the show's return (doesn't take a lot to give me an excuse to bake!), I baked Mary Berry's infamous Victoria Sponge recipe from my 'Great British Bake Off: How To Bake' book. I shall enjoy tucking into this with a cup of tea at 8pm tonight!








Let me know who your favourites from the new series are!

You Might Also Like

0 comments